Our ambassadors from the United Church of Christ in the Philippines, Bishop Elorde Sambat, Conference Minister Noel Pagdilao, and the Rev. Marjorie Belmonte at our Annual Gathering & Meeting at California University of Pennsylvania.
Annual Gathering & Meeting
Our 54th Penn West Conference Annual Gathering & Meeting took place on June 10-11 at California University of Pennsylvania. Some of the highlights of the time included:
- Our mission outreach to California, Pennsylvania
- Conversations with Todd Muchnicki, COO of our Pension Boards
- Worship with the Rev. Kate Matthews, Dean of the Amistad Chapel
- Welcoming our Mission Partners from the United Church of Christ in the Philippines (thanks to all our churches who welcomed and hosted them during their stay with us!)
- Celebrating with our featured Mission Partner, St. Paul's Continuing Care Community
- Celebrating Living Waters and outdoor ministry
- Learning about fair trade from our Economic Justice Minister Edie Rasell
- Learning about e-giving from Tessa Niederbaumer from our national staff
- Welcoming Terri Roberts, author of the popular book, "Forgiven"
- Technology tutoring, youth programming, information sharing, and much, much more!
We were blessed by our time together in this new setting. A huge word of thanks to our Annual Gathering & Meeting Planning Team and to everyone who helped make the weekend such an important and memorable time!
Our Penn West Conference Pastors’ Retreat is scheduled for September 26-27 at Antiochian Village in Bolivar. This promises to be a very important time of spiritual renewal! For a “save the date” brochure, click here. For registration form click here
Our Penn West Conference Women’s Retreat at Living Waters Camp & Conference Center is scheduled for September 17-18 (R&R days September 15-16). For a flier on the event, click here.
Missionary to Visit Penn West Conference in October
Judy Chan, a Global Ministries Missionary to China, will be visiting Penn West Conference from October 1-17. If you would like to help host her, transport her, and/or welcome her to your church during her stay, please contact the Rev. Joseph Hedden here or the Rev. David Ackerman here.
St. Paul's Day
"St. Paul's Day" was held on June 25th on the campus of St. Paul's Continuing Care Community in Greenville PA.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for “St. Paul’s Day” on June 25th on the campus of St. Paul’s Continuing Care Community in Greenville PA. We had a good group of around 30 people come to visit the campus and enjoy connecting with the residents and the staff. Please continue to keep the good work of St. Paul’s Continuing Care Community in your prayers.
The United Church of Christ
National Youth Event 2016
We are very much looking forward to the United Church of Christ National Youth Event, which will be held July 26-30 at Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida. For more information regarding NYE, please contact Valarie Poole, Associate for Youth Ministry, at 724-331-3460.
Our Partners in Faith Formation are pleased to host our Penn West Conference Bookstore at First Reformed United Church of Christ, 312 South Maple Avenue, Greensburg PA. The store is a year-round resource for our congregations and members. It is a continuation and expansion of what our Partners in Faith Formation offer at our Conference Annual Gathering & Meeting. We hope to be of service to you!
"God is Still Speaking"
Welcome to the PWC Website!
Welcome to the Penn West Conference website! On this site, you will find insights, resources, materials, and links that highlight the ministries of the United Church of Christ in the Penn West Conference. We’re glad that you are visiting us!